Public SectorDepartment of Agriculture and Livestock www.agriculture.gov.pg(A completed survey has not yet been received)
"Functions of the Department are:
- Administer all legislation relating to Agriculture and Livestock.
- Promote agricultural development and productive employment generation.
- Assist Provincial Governments to increase their agricultural capacity.
- Prepare and implement appropriate investment programmes for major commodities and livestock.
- Liaise with the Rural Development Bank and the National Plantation Managment Authority.
- Operate Experimental Stations and Laboratories conducting adoptive
research into the production and preparation for market of primary
- Provide advisory and technical services to Provincial Government as required.
- Advise on policies and plan of international and extra-territorial bodies dealing with agriculture and livestock organisations.
- Provide public extension services and scientific information.
- Provide services to standing and ad hoc organisations relating to the functions of the Department." (retrieved 5/18/2011)